|Emergency Fund ($72K)|
|College Fund (80K)|
|Passive Income Streams ($4000 pm)|
|Retirement Fund ($900K)|
|Roof for our Family($1 mil)||00.00%|
|Life Insurance||Done (term life insurance payments initiated)|
Markets made a small move on the positive side and the following portions of my portfolio definitely saw some benefit from it.
- Retirement Fund
- Moved some more of my gains from my Vanguard IRA into VGSLX (Vanguard REIT Index). This moves my VGSLX % to 6% of my IRA holdings….final goal is to have it be 10% of my IRA and add a solid dividend stream in my IRA account.
- 529 plan
- Money set aside for a birthday party for my kid went unused and that went into the college fund. So, positive markets and the small funding boost, courtesy my kid’s generosity, helped propel the 529 fund.
I did take advantage of some down days in VTMGX (Developed Markets International fund) and boosted my investments to dollar cost average my investment in VTMGX. I am hoping for some decent dividends from the International fund…mainly to diversify my dividend income stream across many countries.
The passive income portion of my portfolio is chugging along nicely. Passive income for November 2015 continued the winning trend vs November of last year.
- I compute Passive Income per month as (total passive income in this year) / number of months completed this year.
- Total passive income is a sum of dividends + capital gains distributions.
- November Passive Income = (total passive income in this year) / 11 == $515.17 pm.
- Doing it this way keeps the monthly passive income more realistic because I can instantly know which of my monthly expenses are covered by this amount. I keep a separate tracker for this which I will write about at a later date.
- My final goal for passive income is $4000 pm. This is going to take a while. So, my intermediate goal is to get $1000 pm in passive income first. Right now, I am at $515 pm. But, next month is December….the biggest month for dividends for me and possibly for most people. I am expecting monthly passive income to reach $600 pm. Can’t wait to get to the end of this month.