|Emergency Fund ($72K)|
|College Fund (80K)|
|Passive Income Streams ($4000 pm)|
|Retirement Fund ($900K)|
|Roof for our Family($1 mil)||00.00%|
|Life Insurance||Done (term life insurance payments initiated)|
- February, May, August and November are months with lowest passive incomes. So, nothing great to write about this month of May. Next month is June, the second biggest month for passive income. So, eagerly waiting the end of next month 🙂
- 401K paycheck contribution increases lead to increases in the Retirement Fund and not market performance.
- Passive income for May 2015 increased in comparison to May 2014.
- I compute Passive Income per month as (total passive income in this year) / number of months completed this year.
- Total passive income is a sum of dividends + capital gains distributions.
- May Passive Income = (total passive income in this year) / 5 == $191.60pm.
- Doing it this way keeps the monthly passive income more realistic because I can instantly know which of my monthly expenses are covered by this amount. I keep a separate tracker for this which I will write about at a later date.
3 thoughts on “Financial Independence Progress Report for May 2015”
Some decent progress on the different funds. Green numbers are always great!
keep up the good work
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, big jump from 75$ to 191$. 300% increase right there. 4% jump in retirement account. That’s another step forward into retirement.
I can’t remember if you have a retirement date in mind.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes. I started my FI Journey around the beginning of last year and slowly added different passive income streams. I am happy about the direction of growth but since my goal is to have about $4000pm, I still have a long way to go!
When I started my FI journey, I wanted everything to be done in 10 more years and I have already burned through one year. After a year, some goals looks realistic (ex. 529, Retirement fund) but some do not ($625K mortgage for ex). So, still continually polishing the time frame, but shooting to be done in 9 more years.!