|Emergency Fund ($72K)|
|College Fund (80K)|
|Passive Income Streams ($4000 pm)|
|Retirement Fund ($900K)|
|Roof for our Family($1 mil)||00.00%|
|Life Insurance||Done (term life insurance payments initiated)|
- July is a big letdown w.r.t. dividends compared to June….but, there were no rough spots in July on the personal side. Yeah for that!
- College fund stayed even again…zero progress for the second straight month is not so good…especially since I pump money into it every month.
- 401K took a hit in June…so, getting a positive gain in July was good news…not by much, but it is greater than zero 🙂
- Passive income for July 2015 continued the winning trend vs last year.
- I compute Passive Income per month as (total passive income in this year) / number of months completed this year.
- Total passive income is a sum of dividends + capital gains distributions.
- July Passive Income = (total passive income in this year) / 7== $319.11 pm.
- Doing it this way keeps the monthly passive income more realistic because I can instantly know which of my monthly expenses are covered by this amount. I keep a separate tracker for this which I will write about at a later date.
- I made a portfolio change in my IRA…moved some of the profits off to Vanguard REIT Index fund (VGSLX). This is my attempt at investing passively in real estate. I am happy I took this decision….somewhere in September/October time frame, I will think of adding to this REIT pile…I am expecting REITs to go down in price some more around that time. Lets wait and see!