|Emergency Fund ($72K)|
|College Fund (80K)|
|Passive Income Streams ($4000 pm)|
|Retirement Fund ($900K)|
|Roof for our Family($1 mil)||00.00%|
|Life Insurance||Done (term life insurance payments initiated)|
Markets are continuing the roller-coaster ride…the DOW Jones index lost more than 200 points more than once this month. I did take advantage of this down market (another post on this coming up on how).
I expected a downturn and planned for it (here)…but, that did not soften the blow much. At the end of August, my portfolio had taken a beating….so, how did September do?
- September was a much better month for markets than August.
- College fund stayed even
- Retirement funds stayed even.
- Passive income for September 2015 continued the winning trend vs last year.
- I compute Passive Income per month as (total passive income in this year) / number of months completed this year.
- Total passive income is a sum of dividends + capital gains distributions.
- September Passive Income = (total passive income in this year) / 9 == $439.96 pm.
- Doing it this way keeps the monthly passive income more realistic because I can instantly know which of my monthly expenses are covered by this amount. I keep a separate tracker for this which I will write about at a later date.
- I did take advantage of the down markets and added to my investment in VDIGX and VTMFX. Both these investments dipped to their 52 month lows when the DOW Jones index dropped more than 200 points. These new investments will contribute towards dollar cost averaging my holdings. Yeah for that!