August also has come and gone without much fanfare. Another very slow month…so slow that I felt like doing something just to make it less boring. But, I reminded myself that it is the lull before the storm that I anticipate may start in September (historically a rough month). But, lets look at numbers for August.
|Emergency Fund $60K||100.0%|
|College Fund (80K)|
|Passive Income (2015 vs 2016)|
|Retirement Fund ($900K)|
|Roof for our Family($750K)||00.00%|
|Life Insurance||Done (term life insurance payments initiated)|
Main Takeaways this month
- Portfolio Increases (in green above)
- Nothing great to talk about…I still think that the positive gains of this year will not stand the test of time…..insane valuations will always come crashing down.
- Portfolio changes
- No portfolio changes this month….still adding to the cash fund I set up last month. If there is a good market dip (saw DOW drops 200-300 pts), I will use the cash to buy the dip.
- Passive Income Stream
- Passive Income for August 2016 ($391.93) is higher that August 2015 (297.54). This restarts the streak of 2016 dividends being more than 2015 dividends for the corresponding months. The streak got broken last month because I was in the middle of some portfolio changes….happy to get it back this month 🙂
- My goal is to reach $750 pm by end of this year…it is already August…and my monthly dividends are appx $433 pm.
- Target Dividend
- $9000 pa => $750 pm
- Current Dividend
- $5593 pa => $466 pm
- Balance to make up in the next 5 months
- $9000 – $5593 => $3407 over the next 4 months
- I have kept some cash aside to invest in a dip….I could invest it right now and increase my chances of making my target of $750 pm dividend income. But, I have chosen to wait a bit for value by waiting for a market dip and then using the cash. September is another big month for dividends. Based on how September does, I will decide.
- I think I might squeeze through….keeping fingers crossed.
- Target Dividend